Introducing: You Don’t Have a Black Thumb
An intro to gardening and growing book
We are excited to share something new!
For several months, I’ve been working on a short, easy-to-read book that answers the comment I receive every cut flower season: “I wish I could grow plants like you.”
The truth is, folks, I kill a lot of plants. BUT I also grow a lot of plants. I stare in disdain at the weeds that take over a pathway but I also harvest beautiful, luscious, sweet-smelling bouquets.
The point is, I don’t have it all figured out, but I’ve learned so much through the experience of growing. And I want YOU to enjoy that experience, too.
If you’ve been afraid, unsure, or confused about how to start your gardening and growing journey, then this book is for you.
This post contains an affiliate link (if you click “Buy on Amazon”). What does that mean? It means that we will earn a small commission at no cost to you if you purchase via that link. It helps support us even more. Thank you! Read our full disclosure here.
What’s in You Don’t Have a Black Thumb?
In this book, you’ll find:
- Short anecdotes and nerdy plant humor
- Definitions and explanations for basic botanical terminology (a.k.a. “plant world talk”)
- What do plants really need to grow? The basics.
- How to space your plants, how to calculate spacing, how to calculate how many plants you need
- Simple activities you can do to learn more about germination, propagation, etc.
- Mindset tips and questions to ask yourself when planning out your garden
- Lists of resources like books, blogs, podcasts, seed + plant companies, and websites to bookmark
- Tables and sample garden layouts (plus FREE DOWNLOADS for you to print and use as you please; link for the downloads is in the back of the book)
Questions? Comments? Let us know what you think by commenting below or sending me an email to my author email address (email@example.com).
ALSO, stay tuned for more books + resources to come (a free rose guide is coming soon!). The best way to stay tuned is to hop onto our email list by signing up below. If you sign up for the list, you’ll get access to our free cut flower e-book!